Cardio Tennis is "Heart Pumping Fitness."
Cardio Tennis is a new, fun, group activity featuring drills to give players of all abilities an ultimate, high-energy workout. Cardio Tennis includes a warm-up, cardio workout, and cool-down phases. If you want to find a great new way to get in shape and to burn calories, you must try Cardio Tennis.
Major benefits of Cardio Tennis
1. Participants consistently elevate their heart rates into their aerobic training zone.
2. You can burn more calories than singles or doubles tennis.
3. You get short cycles of high intensity workout and periods of rest, almost like interval training.
4. It is a fun, group activity where players of all abilities enjoy tennis together.
5. While you are playing tennis, the focus is primarily on getting a great workout.
Why Cardio Tennis?
1. Our sport, and many traditional sports, has lost out to many fitness activities in the past 10 years.
2. With an increasingly sedentary and obese society, Americans are increasing going to look for new, fun ways to get in shape.
3. Our sport has a very traditional image and needs a “3rd way to play tennis.”
4. Cardio Tennis, with the use of heart rate monitors and music, can help tennis “break through the clutter” and help our sport grow!
Taught by a Certified Tennis Professional, a typical Cardio Tennis program includes a short dynamic warm-up, a drill-based workout, and a cool down phase. Each one has drills specifically designed to be fun, challenging and to get you moving. You will hit forehands, backhands, volleys, etc. But remember, Cardio Tennis is not about making you a great player. First and foremost, Cardio Tennis is a great workout. You run, you hit balls, you jump, you recover, and you have fun. Cardio Tennis is a full body workout. And, in some programs they even have music. The majority of the Cardio Tennis program is the “workout” phase, which should last as least 30-50 minutes and contain drills that will keep players moving and challenge their ability and fitness level. Pros will find ways to keep players of all levels moving and challenged… all while having fun!
Here's What Others Have to Say About Cardio Tennis
You are having too much fun to realize you are actually exercising.
~ Bill, 3.5
It is a fun workout and it helps me with my game.
~ Manisha, 3.0
For me, cardio tennis is a time when I can try to improve my fitness, work on my tennis strokes and have a lot fun and laughs with friends - and all of this with great instructors that have a sense of humor that adds to the fun. The music makes it complete!
~ Nancy, 4.0
Cardio is a great stress reliever - you can hammer a bunch of balls and not have to worry about them going in the court. And, you get a workout as well.
~ Lisa, 4.0
Cardio Tennis is "The Bomb".....Now I can get to short drop shots in time to be balanced and return them for a winner!!!!
Cardio Tennis improved my confidence. Pre Cardio, I shuffled backwards for an overhead and usually dumped it in the net. Now I'm so much more confident. I can turn and run from the service line, grab the tough, deep ball and keep it in play.
~ Lucy, 3.5
Cardio Tennis is "Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!
- Gals and Guys are out there together "guttin it out"
- "Being all they can be" (The Army would be jealous)
- In a positive "no one fails" environment
- Competing with just yourself
- Different drills every week
- Meet new people with similar goals
- And...the music....AWESOME!!!
~ Barbara, 3.5
I LOVE Cardio!! Believe me, it is challenging and you feel it...the NEXT day!! During Cardio you are so focused on the movement, the drills, the comments from the pros, etc., that you do not even realize the amount of calories and fat you are burning!!! You are simply keeping up with the rhythm of the music and the pace of the drills!!! It is a very high energy, FAST PACED clinic and much more FUN!!!! Everyone should at least try it. It is so good for you and you get to work on your tennis game in the process!! I would pick cardio tennis any day of the week over a cardio class at the gym...BORING!!! Thanks, Lisa for doing such a GREAT job with this. I will miss it when the session is up and be whining for the next one to start. IT GETS ADDICTIVE!!!!!
~ Tamara, 3.5